Windows 8 Pro 32bit-DSP
Product Range Features (Actual Product Features May Differ - Zaps)
Live updates at a glance
Vibrant and beautiful, the Start screen is the first thing you'll see. Each tile on the Start screen is connected to a person, app, website, playlist, or whatever else is important to you. Tiles light up with the latest info, so you're instantly up to date. In one glance, you'll see that photo you were just tagged in, tomorrows weather, and messages from your friends.
It's all yours
In Windows, even the little things are all about you. Like the screen that appears when your PC is locked"it can be any picture you choose. And you'll see quick notifications on your lock screen before you sign in to your PC or open a single app.
With picture password, you can sign in by tracing a pattern on a picture of your choice instead of typing a password. Zigzag over your dogs face? Three taps on your childs nose? The choice is yours.
Work and play
Use your new tablet or laptop for entertainment, work, or both. Chat with a friend while scoping out a map, or play a game while getting stuff done. Go from spreadsheet to video in one swipe, or snap them side-by-side for easy multitasking.
Apps do more
Built-in apps like People, Mail, Photos, and Messaging power you through all your essential tasks and work together for a single, streamlined experience. And theres a world of new apps to discover in the Windows Store.
SkyDrive: Any file, anywhere
Use SkyDrive to stash your files on your hard drive and in the cloud, and get to them no matter where you are. Your stuff is available on multiple PCs and your phone"even non-Windows devices with the free SkyDrive app installed on them.
Works well with others
Start a project on one PC and finish it on another. Collaborate freely and always have the latest version of your files. You"and whoever you work with"can use free Office Web Apps to edit shared documents on SkyDrive and immediately see each other's changes. You dont even need to have Office installed. Share whatever files you choose, with whomever you choose, and make the rest private.
Span time, space, and PCs
Sign in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8 or Windows RT and immediately see everything that makes Windows yours: your background, your display, your settings. You can even get to your apps on as many as five different PCs. And when you get a new Windows PC or Windows Phone, the People app can come to life with info from your social networks.
In short, your stuff and your info isn't limited to any single PC or device. Because youre bigger than any box.
Product Range Specifications (Actual Product Specifications May Differ - Zaps)
Windows 8 system requirements
If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:
* Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
* RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
* Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
* Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
* To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch (more info)
* To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
* To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
* Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
* Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
* Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
* Microsoft account required for some features
* Watching DVDs requires separate playback software (more info)
* Windows Media Center license sold separately (more info)
* BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
* BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
* Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 8 Pro only)
* A TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center (Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)
* Free Internet TV content varies by geography, some content might require additional fees (Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)